Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio = £226 Repair Bill...

jay_gob
Visitor

Sony Vaio = £226 Repair Bill...

Hi all,

I am writing this post in a bit of an angry state after my expensive laptop decided not to work. You pay a thousand pounds for a laptop, you expect quality design & BUILD but no.

Two months into using my laptop I had a problem with my battery, it was dead as a dodo. Then the lettering on my keys started rubbing off without any misuse. I understand that consumables aren't included in a guarantee but I did nothing to harm the battery at all & even stuck to all the guidelines.

Sent off to Sony repair & got an email invoice back requesting £226.19 for it to be fixed! Does this sound fair? It's a lot of money to pay for their faulty product.

6 REPLIES 6
steelem
Visitor

well m8 if it happened to me & this breaks after 2 months then sony can give me a new computer - so complain & make sure you get them on the phone....

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi JLG

Does the invoice say what repairs are needed?

A battery is usually about £140.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

That's pretty hefty, as Blencogo says the battery is only £140 new as retail.

Definately query it with them.

jay_gob
Visitor

Hi thanks for your replies...

The invoice isn't very detailed and is confusing but it says about a faulty battery and faulty keyboard. I would query Sony but their computers are down :angry:

All i'm worried about is if the new battery becomes faulty after a few months, does that mean another £200?

I will call them on Monday & let you know what becomes of this issue.

Thanks again

robpaxton
Explorer

I believe Sony used to have a 90 day warranty on lithium batteries. Complete failure after a couple of months sounds like a manufacturing defect to me & I would've though it should be covered under their warranty.

kee-lo_

The keyboard would be £86! Jeez