Join now - be part of our community!

Stretch Widescreen

iMAX
Visitor

Stretch Widescreen

Hello!

I hate my vaio :tongue: it won’t do as I want.

I used to have an automatic "stretch" of the window. But now, if I play normal sized games I play in a square with black on the sides.

How do I stretch the windows so it fits the display?

Are there any other programs that can fix that?

Please I need your help badly

4 REPLIES 4
Reaver
Visitor

Wouldn't that be down to the graphic card's drivers? Maybe your new chipsets driver doesn't support that feature.

Personally, it's best left as it is so games look exactly how they was meant to be seen.

lawrenceuk
Visitor

On my VGN FS415E I right click on my desktop, point my cursor on "graphics options" then "Panel fit" then make sure "Full Screen (No Border)" is selected.

As I say i'm not if this is the same for yours be please check just to be sure.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Actually if the games developers didn't make this happen then there's nothing you can do about it.

Aeivan
Visitor

iMAX,

You don't say which vaio model you have, but if it's an nVidia equiped machine there's a good chance it's a simple graphics driver setting.

On my FE11H if I right click on the desktop and pull up nVidia settings, then select DISPLAY properties, I can switch the scaling option so that whatever resolution is being generated by the application the video card will scale it to fill the full display (either maintaining correct aspect ration, or stretching beyond).

Hope that helps? - if you have an nVidia graphics card at least.

Aeivan.