Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Blazing Red... 2 problems??

profile.country.en_GB.title
ranarora
Visitor

Sony Vaio Blazing Red... 2 problems??

Hi Guys,

Just had my Vaio for about 3 weeks now. Its the CR11Z/R Blazing Red version. I seem to be getting 2 problems with it, nuthing major... but still a pain in the ass when u've spent a grand:

1) I have a USB Speedtouch 330 broadband modem, which I was using on my old Fujitsu Siemens laptop with Windows XP. Now wen I transfered the the USB modem over to the VAIO, I updated it with a VISTA driver, making sure everything was up to date. Problem is, Sometimes the wen I plug the modem in, the VAIO doesnt recognise the device and says:

"USB device not recognised" or some times the lights on the modem stay flashing red, and I have to unplug it, and plug it in again and then the lights turn green, which means its recognised and its connecting. At times I need to unplug it, and plug it in again 3-4 times for it to be recognised. THIS NEVER USED TO HAPPEN ON MY OLDER FUJITSU LAPTOP WIT XP?? Any ideas??

2)The second problem is one that seems to be quite common, but I cant seem to find a solution for it:

"In Device Manager under "Network adapters" I have written "6TO4 Adapter" with a yellow exclamation mark (Error Code 31). I tried updating the driver but Windows told me it was the latest version.

4 REPLIES 4
duralex
Visitor

Hi Rangeet,

I had the exact same modem and the same problem. My provider replaced my modem with a new one that works via Lan not usb. It's faster. Maybe your internet provider will do the same for you. I too have downloaded the vista drivers and had the same response.

Caoil
Visitor

Ranjeet, can I ask you (since you're the only other person I've seen on here with this model), do you find the fan at all loud? Does it go on and off constantly? Or is it noticeable at all? Thats the main problem I'm having with mine since I got it and I'm wondering if its actually a problem that needs fixing or not.

profile.country.en_GB.title
ranarora
Visitor

Ranjeet, can I ask you (since you're the only other person I've seen on here with this model), do you find the fan at all loud? Does it go on and off constantly? Or is it noticeable at all? Thats the main problem I'm having with mine since I got it and I'm wondering if its actually a problem that needs fixing or not.

hey, yea I thought this was a common model.. cant seem to find many ppl that have it. But yea, the fan does go on a lot.... sometimes its constantly on for a few seconds, goes off.. n then comes back on again... but I personally think thats quite normal... becuz, I've always gotta lot of applications running... therefore puts more pressure on the processor, hence the fan goes on to cool it down.... when I turn the display off, and leave the computer on download... and unplug any USBs, it doesnt come on as often, but still comes on.... I personally tink its normal... unless anyone else can tell me different....

Caoil
Visitor

Oh right, its just that I was kinda surprised by how loud it is for a brand new computer. Its constantly on-off-on-off, thats more annoying than if it was constantly on! Its just so noticeable when you're playing music quietly or trying to watch a film or something. My last laptop was 3-4 years old before it caused me those sort of problems :slight_frown: