Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio Blue and Blackscreen

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Sony vaio Blue and Blackscreen

After losing my post because this website forgot my credentials I'm gonna make it real short :angry:

You all might remember me from my FE11M clicking hdd disk sound post now I have diffirent issue with FE31M

My sony vaio FE31M does not boot up anymore in normall mode. I get vertical blue stripes and then $$$ resulting in blue screen.

Save mode works so I tried

- Removing videocard driver completly and reboot

- Removing videocard driver completly and reinstalling sony driver again

- Removing videocard driver completly and reinstall latest driver

- Removing videocard driver completly and reinstall microsoft windows updat driver

- Reinstalling backup of intire system

- Reinstalling windows completly

All resulted sometimes works and then other times not. When it worked it only worked for the time being and then in the middle of watching a movie or browsing my screen goes black and upon reboot I get the vertical stripes again.

Tried more stuff too no avail but not important enough to mention. In the screenshots you can see what I see. I assume my build in video card Nvidea Geforce Go 7600 is broken or heats up too much. Since replacing my entire motherboard is at the moment no option for me.

Have to say I am disappointed. This month I was going to buy a new laptop and I was flipping between Sony and Apple. Looking at my laptop now I am a bit disappointed in durability. I have to say though that sony makes the best screens which was one of the main reasons why I bought a Sony.

Message was edited by: Carelino

Message was edited by: Carelino

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Well my laptop died, everything is now officially black same as Club Vaio seems to be dead.... Not a single response in 9 days :neutral:

I cannot deny I enjoyed my laptop a lot. But Sony these days is going towards a horrible direction. I certainly hope they go back to their roots of their designs.

- "Less is more"

- "Always the latest stuff on it"

- "Incredable screen quility"

Right now I am in the market for a new laptop. Money is is not a problem at all, but Sony does not offer anything in the range I am looking for. Not even in signature collection which I was considering. Their state of the art 3D laptop is the most ugly and FAT design I have seen of Sony ever and I think they should be ashamed of themselves to bring such a product on the market. :thinking:

I have always recommeded Sony Vaio Laptops to people. Could practically be a retailer, but these days I would be ashamed to recommend anybody one unless they want some low budget with old specs computer or just something dead ugly.

Yeah I know it looks easy for me to complain. Or you might think I might be frustrated because my laptop broke. But this is certainly not the case. I knew my laptop was dying, I have seen and gotten all the possible signs and I was long ahead preparing for a new laptop. So what am I looking for then?

- 15.4 and up screensize (15.6 perfect size for movies and video streams and also portable). NO 17 inch too freeking big

- Best screen quality ever with high ass resolution.

- LATEST intel processor

- Bare minimum 1GB videocard (hope not Nvidea since my bad experiance with last laptop)

- Lots of memory. Min 6GB

- USB3 ports (this is where apple lost me)

- not a boring black design again! Why should E-series only get a colour. Btw I prefer white, like a virgin.

- backlight keyboard

- Hoping for limited signature collection

- As thin and light as possile. To give you an impression Sony 3d laptop is like a pork compared to my old FE31M model.

- Kill the dammed bloathware you put on my upcoming laptop

- TIP: never understood why sony cannot build laptops with disc grive that you push in instad of taking a tray out. It's stupid. Sony should follow example of Dell and Apple in this. Quite impossible to open disc driver when the laptop is on your lap without damaging disc. Please no more MatSHITa. First thing that died on me.

Seems Sony is pushing and forcing me to an apple product which is the only product near or equal to Sony quality. Sony is lucky Dell is also Ugly and has ugly screen angle and  quality. And why the heck are signature collection worse then the actual product being sold. Signature collection should be unique and great specs not more of the boring same with only a different colour and lesser CPU's. Why can apple, dell, asus and acer put latest cpu in their laptops but Sony not?

Sony wth is wrong with you!  Feels like a knife going trough my chest.

A VERY dissapointed customer :cry: