Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio can't be switched on

profile.country.en_GB.title
Denford75
Visitor

Sony Vaio can't be switched on

Please help me!

I can not switch on my 3 years old Vaio. However, it looks as if it was the power supply the faulty, I would like to be sure if it was not a more serious problem.

Once it's just stoped responding to the pressing of power button. The green indicator on the adapter is lighting, suggesting that the adapter is working fine. The both the battery and power supply indicator on the front of the laptop are blind.

My battery is not in the best condition but it used to be enough to at least begin the start up process.

Installing W7 upgrade, caused me lot of headaches, with the driver upgrades, to run smoothly,but at the end it seemed to be all right. Few weeks ago it started playing up again.

It started hang up when it went to sleep, than its got frozen after a 10-15 min inactivity before going to sleep.

The interesting thing was that the screen seemed as if everything was fine, the mouse was working, I could close or minimize windows but nothing else. The end was always a forced shut down with the power button.

I tried updating the drivers and run CHKDSK without any result. Someone said, it was the simpthome of a dying Hard Drive.

Now I would like to know the possible reason behind this and the ways, how it could be solved.

All ideas highly appreciated.

Many thanks.

0 REPLIES 0