Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO DESKTOP BLU RAY NEW PC IS BUGGERED

GlynIngram
Visitor

SONY VAIO DESKTOP BLU RAY NEW PC IS BUGGERED

I am GAGGING for help. Please help me.

Bought a new 22inch Sony Vaio dekstop PC today. Its the one with the Blu Ray CD Rom. Got it home, plugged it in and...when windows tries to run for the first time, the blue windows screen appears saying that it can't because of some startup error or some other rubbish and just restart it. I restart it and get the same f-----g thing each time. I have tried starting it in SAFE mode by pressing the CTRL ALT DELETE stuff but, then it tells me that Windows can't startup in Safe mode.

Great.

Is my PC f---d? HELP ME!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi GlynIngram

That's not a good start.. :slight_frown:

Other than taking your Vaio back to the retailer, the only alternative solution I can think of is to run the Vaio recovery utility..

The Vaio Recovery utility formats your hard drive and then re-installs the vista operating system and Pre-installed applications..

To run the Vaio Recovery utility, Restart your Vaio, when you see the Vaio Logo press the F10 key repeatedly..

Exinferis
Visitor

I'm almost tempted to say take it back and buy anything that doesn't have Sony written on it! :laughing: It's not that I hate the Vaio, I love mine, but it's so restrictive. I was young and knew nothing of this thing called "upgrading" when I bought mine, so I was a bit peaved to find out it's basically a laptop on it's side and you're stuck with what Sony thinks you should have. But, if you want pretty, you've got it!

I'd take the lot back and get a replacement. If that doesn't work ditch it and get something else. Chances are if it's playing you up right now, it'll play you up in the future. You're better off changing it now before you loose any info if/when it crashes for good. :wink: