Join now - be part of our community!

Sony vaio megga problems - vaio pcv-rs504

JohnGray
Visitor

Sony vaio megga problems - vaio pcv-rs504

Hello To everybody in vaio world.

Right now i'm sat behind my dream machine "vaio pcv-rs504"
The problem the whole machine !.This pc is not even 1 day old and allready i'm thinking about getting my P3 out of the bin that i built myself a few years ago.( and never had a days problem )!!!.

Problem No 1: Bt broadband would not install the installation disk tells me that my pc is as old as the arc and it does not meet min req.I get around this by exploring the disk and going straight into setup that bypasses the system check.Bt broadband installs and happy days,The dialling icon doesn't work but the shortcut created from network connection does so at least i can have an icon on my desk to connect.As i dont leave it on all the time.NEW problem i cant disconnect from the net .right click on the 2 little monitors click on disconnect .Like heck nothing....I can even pull the lead out of the wall and its still going in full swing showing up and down stream.

Problem No 2: This morning i thought i'd check my emails before going to work.connected to the net great.Couldn't disconnect no problem click start >turn off computer>turn off.
The machine eventually does after giving me the runaround that programs are busy do i want to end task etc.now computer desides to log off save settings etc and 7 hours latter still hasn't shut off.

Problem No 3 : Viruses...The pc came bundled with norton antivirus .Well according to the prog this machine has more viruses than a hospital.
So i guess no wounder the machine behaves oddly.

I could go on but thats the main ones

Well if anyone out there can offer any help i would be glad.

And remember this machine is brand new out of the box as of yesterday very late afternoon.( 24hrs old )
Thanks.

John

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

James this was in the exchange down the raod, 12 people were constantly using the connection, it just died......

The engineer told me he found it in pieces burnt on the floor, BT ordered a new one and had it fitted.

They thought it was vandalism because it's next to the park