Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPC-EJ3K1E CPU upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
PawelGraj
Explorer

Sony Vaio VPC-EJ3K1E CPU upgrade

Hello, everyone! I'm thinking about upgrading CPU in my Vaio to something better. Right now the notebook is equipped with Intel i3 2350M. I'm pretty sure that any 2nd gen dual-core CPU will work, but what about something with 4 cores (2670QM, 2760QM)? They all fit into G2 socket (a.k.a rPGA 988B). After extensive research I found only 1 link with pretty useful infomation. I've already contacted the author but I hope that any of you guys has some more information about CPUs I can go with.

Any assistance is appreciated :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
PawelGraj
Explorer

I was able to contact the guy from my post. The rest of the story is avaliable here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Pawel, I see you have a response to this question on another thread; would you mark this one as answered and maybe link to the solution?

Thanks

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
PawelGraj
Explorer

I was able to contact the guy from my post. The rest of the story is avaliable here.

profile.country.FI.title
Juez_y_verdugo
New

Yes it is posible to update to i7-2630qm without update bios, and it works at 100÷ cpu usage fine. 

More details on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/laptops/comments/hx38w9/update_cpu_sony_vaio_vpcej3k1e/?utm_medium=android_...