Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E USB Ports Stopped Working

profile.country.en_GB.title
cooljohng
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E USB Ports Stopped Working

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, I've been at this for weeks now. My Sony Vaio VPCEB1M0E notebook's USB Ports have all stopped working at the same time. This includes all three on the right side, and the USB/eSata port on the left (although I can't test whether the eSata is working or not). The headphone and mic ports on the same PCB board as the three USB ports still work fine. Also, I've noticed the webcam is no longer recognised.

I went through uninstalling all the drivers for USB and reinstalling them, but nothing changed. I've restored the machine to factory conditions using Recovery Centre and still no luck. Running the USB hardware tests in Recovery Centre just says there is a problem, try again, each time.

All ports still have power to them, as when I plug in an external HDD the light comes on, but no devices are recognised. Since the machine has been wiped, is it safe to presume this isn't a driver/firmware problem? I'm also guessing since the eSata USB port doesn't work either, it's not just the USB and Audio-in PCB that needs replacing?

Any help you can offer would be really appreciated,

Thanks!

John

1 REPLY 1

HI  ....my friend....thats a small board in side u r laptop.......3 usb port and and audio port......that bord was faulty....thats why u r audio & usb mic are not working....if u can change the thats the small board..and fit new one than its working perfect 100% ...or cleen that board and retest it ..thanks....its shold be working....thanks