Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VPCF21Z1E/BI 3D LAPTOP

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

SONY VAIO VPCF21Z1E/BI 3D LAPTOP

Hi all. 

I have a sony VPCF21Z1E/BI, (PCG-81311M) 3D laptop. I contacted customersupport.en@eu.sony.com and asked about whether a glossy top lid can still be purchased NEW, for this model, and if it was still in stock and if not, could they advise me where i could purchase one. I was told this ISN'T a european product, so he wasn't able to provide any technical info, and i felt i was given the brush off by him saying, check  with technical support team of the country of origin. :scream::rolling_eyes: In a later email he told me, this model was manufactered and distributed to the south american region. I bought this machine on amazon uk back in 2012. How is this a south american model? Even if it is, sony should be able to guide me to the parts if they are still available. Wasn't happy with the service, and i have bought a lot of sony products, down through the years. 

Anyway, all i am looking for, is new glossy top lid for this machine, if it is still available. Has anyone here got any ideas where i could purchase a glossy top lid, NEW? I have tried the usual places, ebay, amazon. I am also looking for other internal parts. Does anyone know where i could even purchase a donor machine working / not working, for parts? Thanks for your time. Cheers.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Marino.

Haha, i thought that was the case. Can you image sony giving someone the wrong info? Lol. Thank God for people like yourself who can help. Thanks very much. Is this site, EET EUROPARTS, legit, for purchasing parts? Cheers for the info.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

:wink:

Yes it is the official partner for spare parts.

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Manolo,

Thanks a lot for the help. I appreciate it greatly. I'll try them and see what they have to say. I see they have the lid, but i need to know if it is the glossy or mat finish. I need the glossy lid.

By the way, any experience in building a new laptop like this one from scratch? Ha. That's what i am going to do shortly. I am sourcing the parts at the moment. I think i will be able to do some of the work, from following the machine i have, but the screen is going to be the difficult bit to put together. I have most of the parts got, but i need the lid and few smaller cable extra. I have some ribbon cables got already, but they are only second hand. Hopefully they will be ok to use. What do you think, this is do-able?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

I do not have the Service Manual of the VPCF21 series but of the VPCF23 series (8 months later, same product, updated hardware).
The F23X1R/BI, F23Z1E/BI and F23Z1R/BI models are 3D with Glossy Cover. All the others are 2D and Cover Matt.

In Part List .xls the "1003" is A-1819-910-A V080 ASMSUB LCD Cover 3D = Sony V080 ASMSUB LCD Cover 3D (Present in the list of spare parts for VPCF21Z1E/BI).

I have a VAIO VPCF12Z1E but I have only changed the disk to SSD so I can "only help you with the theory".

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Manolo,

So these are all the 3d models?

1. VPCF21Z1E/BI.

2. VPCF23X1R/BI.

3. VPCF23Z1E/BI.

4. VPCF23Z1R/BI

I was always confused with how many 3d models there were. So there were four 3D models, is that correct? Were some of these models on my list, made for the American market, etc..? How many non 3d models were there?Were all the 3d models the same gloss finish, and with the same high quality screen? I also bought a non 3d model which had the mat finish, thinking it would have the same high quality screen, but i was very disappointed, because screen quality was awful compared to my 3d model. The reason i want the 3d model is, for the beautiful screen colours, which is what i need for my photography/photoshop, and i always loved the beautiful glossy finish when it was new. It really had the wow factor. Never saw anything like it, even today, nothing comes close for looks/style.

Is your model, VPCF12Z1E, the non 3D with mat finish? What is the screen quality like? Thanks.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

There are also the F22 and F24 series, I will certainly have something about it but in paper catalogs, but if you look for on the net you will find them. In theory the final part of the acronym, the same three you wrote, should indicate the 3D versions in all series. Mine does not have a 3D screen but is Matt double lamp, I like it more.

Manolo

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Manolo,

No luck with that euro parts crowd. Wrong lid, and advertised wrong, because it is the mat finish, not the gloss finish. I was hoping that would work out, but no joy. I have another crowd in the UK lined up, but they are dragging their heals, and won't get back to me with any updates. I have to keep ringing them, to see what's going on, with nothing happening. He tells me he can get a lid, but not sure about that, and it's very pricey. Any other ideas for finding this glossy lid? Cheers.