Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VPCF21Z1E/BI 3D LAPTOP

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

SONY VAIO VPCF21Z1E/BI 3D LAPTOP

Hi all.

Need some help. I have been on the sony support page, and have tried to download the ("Vaio update" for windows 7 64 bit), for my VPCF21Z1E/BI LAPTOP, and an error is coming up, when i tried to download file. Any idea the reason? Cheers.

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member can help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Do you have a version of Vaio Update already installed? If so which version?

Is this the version you are trying to download?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcf22-series/vpcf21z1e/downloads/Z0000832

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi, Thanks for reply.

Sorry i am not well up with computer lingo, and i know nothing at all about software, so have no clue about the proper terms used, so all i can do is, tell you in my own words. Cheers.

Yes, that is the version i tried to download, but an error is coming up all the time. I was downloading all the "software updates", "the latest drivers and firmware versions", for a new 3d laptop i am putting together, but ran into this error when i tried "vaio update", I downloaded all the files from the page which is compatible with my 3D machine, VPCF21Z1E. Here is the page:

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcf21z1e#SoftwareAndDownloads

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi berhenne52,

I was just about to send you the same link here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/vpc-series-vpcf22-series/vpcf21z1e/downloads/Z0000832. If you still face problems with the download, let us know about the error message you're getting. Maybe we can look it up.

Regards,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have just checked on my old Vaio laptop and it failed to download.

It is my suspicion that Sony no longer support older versions of Vaio Update. There are so few recent updates, it is just as easy to download any individual Updates from the link.

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Hi Vanilla.

Thanks for reply.

This is what is coming up when i tried to download vaio updates:

"An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #132.a6023e17.1557268650.c84f96c"

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi berhenne52,

Maybe you can try another workaround. If you already have an installed version of VAIO update, try to double-click (the VAIO Update icon) in the Windows desktop notification area and when VAIO Update is launched, the initial settings window will appear. You can then follow the instructions on the screen to install any available updates.

Vanilla_

profile.country.IE.title
berhenne52

Thanks Vanilla for the info. Sounds like a good idea, not that i'd know anything about that kind of stuff. Lol. My techie buddy will have to check this out for me when the time comes. Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello berhenne52,

Hopefully, this will sort it out for you. Let us know if it works.

Have a nice weekend,

Vanilla_