Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VPCZ13M9E/B Raid0 Failed

profile.country.en_LT.title
suvaldykIT
Visitor

SONY VAIO VPCZ13M9E/B Raid0 Failed

Hi Everyone,

Having this issue here with Sony Vaio VPCZ13M9E/B which was great piece of equipment until today.

I have message coming up that RAID 0 failed. I have picture attached.

I have rang sony support UK, and they told me to buy recovery disk for 100Euro, which is absolute nonsense, as i dont have spare 100euro on each laptop i get problems. This is unbelievable.

Anyway id like to hear maybe somenone know the way of recoverying this laptop back to working condition, i beleive that recovery partition on the laptop is not working in relation to failed raid0. As i tryed geting in to recovery partition in few ways keep pressing buttons F10, F11 while booting.

I could try reseting raid, but i have hope to recover my data.

But the weirdest thing is that i find in specification that this laptop has 2hddx64gb (ssd) but you can see that in raid config i can see only one. Does that mean one of my hdd is dead? Vaio support told me different, they beleive it is a software issue so only recovery disk are needed to resolve, so if i send it back to the point i bought it they will charge me for fixing it, i am quite advanced IT technician but never had such experience with raid or sony so looking for help.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Who did you speak to at Sony?  Did you speak to Vaio Support? 

I'm sure Recovery Discs are not that expensive but I would have expected Sony to fix this problem under warranty free of charge if your Vaio is less than 12 months old as it looks like one SSD has failed.

If you have not spoken to Vaio Support, I suggest you go here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/contacts/login.aspx?m=VPCZ13M9E_B&l=en_GB

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number and choose Phone Support to get the support phone number to speak to the Vaio Support staff.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_LT.title
suvaldykIT
Visitor

Yes i did spoke to vaio support, and yes cds are not that expensive its i think 30eur for cd and 60eur for shipping, this is 21st century and we are still shiping media, where we could just download it.

Laptop is under warranty, i would beleive they should fix it for free. But they started telling me about recovery cd. So i wonder is there a way without it