Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCZ21ME9

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Sony Vaio VPCZ21ME9

Hi all i'm after a driver for my VPCZ2 Sony Vaio Z the battery extender software see pic below my model number is VPCZ21ME9.. i have got vaio care installed and its reporting battery is excellent but it doesn't allow me to change only charge up to 80%.. Also i'm on windows 10.. Oh if i install Battery Check_Updater 5.0 i get a msg remove battery and restart computer as its not compatible as the msg just keeps popping up ? Thanksbattery1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I am still running the original Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my VPCSB1A9E. I find this to be the best option for many reasons not least the Hybrid Switchable Graphics.

Sony Support used to have a small stock of genuine batteries but I doubt if they have any left. May be wort a try?

Amazon sometimes has genuine batteries but it will probably come down to Google. A search for "Original Sony battery VGP-BPS27 finds a few hits but the going price appears to be well in excess of £100.

Take care though. It can be difficult to establish if they are really genuine Sony products.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi TH3ORY,

Thank you for posting your question here. We will check into this and get back to you soon.

Best wishes,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I presume you have already checked out the Sony downloads page for your model here:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/laptop-pc-vpc-series/vpcz21m9e?downloads-num=35

There are only Windows 8.1 drivers available.

What versions of Vaio Care, Vaio Power Management and Vaio Control Centre do you have installed currently?

Google would suggest that you are not alone!!

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Hi thanks for a quick response, my VAIO Care version: 8.4.0.14286. Model name: VPCZ219ME. BIOS version R0170HS. And yes i have checked Sony down load page, They only go up to windows 8.1 all of my drivers, or most are windows 8.1. As you, people have not released window 10 drivers.

i got a feeling that screen shot i posted in my first post, is running on a windows 7. Would you know what version that is please? Thanks for your help...

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Hi apologises, i mis-read your post. Vaio care desktop 8.4.0.14286.. Vaio control center 6.0.1.08290.. I have searched for Vaio Power Management from the link you have supplied it gives me this result VAIO Power Management_Updater 6.0 - 6.0.1.07270 (Windows 8 64bit) i have installed it and it does not allow me to change the battery charge setting can you please advise ? Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It looks like you have the latest available versions of the software installed

Have you got a recent version of the SFEP driver installed? I think Sony_Firmware_Extension_Parser_Device_Driver_8.0.1.2 or later is the one to look for. It will probably require a manual installation.

Are there any unsolved warnings in Device Manager?

Sorry, I can't think of anything else.

The problem is, of course, that Sony do not support Windows 10 on your Vaio so it is unlikely you will get a solution from Sony Support.

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Hi thanks for your help i installed Sony_Firmware_Extension_Parser_Device_Driver version SODFEP-00270203-0082.. it has made no difference, device manger is reporting no issues. it seems like ill have to downgrade to windows 7 to get it working, really appreciate your help thanks..

Oh quick question genuine Sony laptop batteries, wheres the best place to purchase them from ? Thanks again..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I am still running the original Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on my VPCSB1A9E. I find this to be the best option for many reasons not least the Hybrid Switchable Graphics.

Sony Support used to have a small stock of genuine batteries but I doubt if they have any left. May be wort a try?

Amazon sometimes has genuine batteries but it will probably come down to Google. A search for "Original Sony battery VGP-BPS27 finds a few hits but the going price appears to be well in excess of £100.

Take care though. It can be difficult to establish if they are really genuine Sony products.

Good Luck

profile.country.GB.title
TH3ORY
Explorer

Hey quick question i have installed windows 7 pro please can you take a look at my screen shot i got 2 VAIOVcare installed is this normal ? Thanks screen shot.png