Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VIAO Laptop hinges are faulty Save your money and buy cheaper make

dave6629
Explorer

Sony VIAO Laptop hinges are faulty Save your money and buy cheaper make

How can Sony not admit they have a problem with there hinges? We have 4 different laptops in the house with my Sony VIAO being my latest purchase.The model number is SVF152C29M.

I purchased this computer because of the size of the screen and also the touch screen technology due to my  arthritic hands which make typing very painful on a standard keyboard. The laptop has been always used on a desk or table top and never on someones lap. I am the sole user. After about 1 year one hinge started to become lose but i never took much notice but as time went on it did become worse untill last week when i opened up the hinge snapped into about 4 pieces. I decided to leave it alone while i made enquires about this as it had never happened to any laptops i had owned before. Today i turned the laptop over while the screen was down to get the model number, this must of dislodged a piece of the broken hinge as when i opened it afterwards it made a horrid grating sound and guess what the other hinge gave way and in doing so the screen fell to the desk snapping a cable.

After reading through your community site i see there are many thousands in the same position so i feel its totally unfair for Sony to not admit you have a fault, 

Like i said we have 3 other laptops which are used by everyone including 3 under tens who tend to sit with them on there laps or on the floor etc. All 3 are alot older than this VIAO and alot cheaper but GUESS WHAT THEY ARE NOT SONY LAPTOPS AND there hinges are fine.

Anybody thinking of buying a Sony VIAO Laptop "BEWARE YOUR WASTING YOUR MONEY"

Buy a cheaper one from someone else it will last a lot longer!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
adwalker777
Explorer

oh, i had the same model, pretty nice and worked properly, but just for a year...