Join now - be part of our community!

sony viao vpcsa4c5e dvd drive issue

profile.country.GB.title
tonylpat
New

sony viao vpcsa4c5e dvd drive issue

ive just bought this sony viao vpcsa4c5e from ebay the guy i bought it off says he used it as a hackintosh and he had to flash the dvd drive to make it work as a mac so it doesnt work at the minute and it should just need the propper firmware putting back on he had put windows 10 back on the laptop and it works fine other than the drive doesnt work which i didnt really mind however it would be nice to get it working. i have reinstalled windows 7 64 bit as i have to have windows 7 to run my car diagnostic software. since ive installed 7 the drive now is no longer recognised in device manager and when i press the eject button nothing happens it did work when it was on windows 10, it opened and if you put a disc in it did spin up just didnt read anything. i cant find the software anywhere on the dowload section the model number on the back of the drive is 

Uj8a2absx3-s

and it says its a panasonic drive ive checked the panasonic website and nothing comes up. i may just have to bite the bullet and buy a new drive there not expensive just annoying any helps appreciated thanks in advance Tony

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
tonylpat
New

also might be worth a mention he had upgraded a few things aswell it now has a 750gb hybrid ssd hard drive and 12gb of ram everything is working perfectly except the dvd drive

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the community.

Please try the tips here to troubleshoot your drive issues and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Ed