Join now - be part of our community!

Sorry to see them go...

steveb1
Visitor

Sorry to see them go...

As a HUGE fan of the Clie range since they first appeared, I have to say that I am sorry to see them disappear from the Europe and US markets.

The mix of innovation was refreshing and superb, albeit with the odd hiccup! But hopefully Sony will come up with a successor that will fill the void.

Fortunately (for me), I am off to live in Japan from the end of next week, where Sony are assuring that they will continue to release new Clies. Now I just have to learn more of the language!

30 REPLIES 30
VAIOneer
Visitor

I just read that somewhere too.Darn they looked so nice as well. If I had money to spend on things I don't need, one of those might have been on my list somewhere.

noun
1. a Club VAIO member who is one of the first to do something.
2. a Club VAIO member who helps establish a community.
adj.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of early members: the VAIOneer spirit.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Cliés were never my thing, but it'll be a shame to see fans not getting new Cliés to use.

Hopefully Sony will make better PDAs which will actually interest me.

1234567ty
Visitor

I always wanted a Clie, oh well, i will have to go without on this particular bit of SONY equipment!!HOPEFULLY they will make very good PDA's!:smileysad: :smileygrin:

VAIOneer
Visitor

You can still get them if you want one right now.It'll take time for them to be phased out, and suppliers will have stocks they want to get rid of soon

noun
adj.

HITS-UK
Visitor

This is all too reminiscent of the demise of the Newton. My business is based on PDAs and almost all of my customers use Clies. I heard that Sony were pulling the rug out from under us in a conversation last weekend, and we are all stunned and extremely disappointed, especially as we had just finished an eighteen week trial for a new world platform for medical personnel based on the UX50. Now we will have to start again from scratch. You say we can still get them, and you are right, what you fail to understand is that without the peripherals they are bordering on useless, and that has been the principal problem since day one. I am having the devil's own job getting the spares and accessories for the UX50, and the NX90s we bougth last year are even harder. All in all, THANKS FOR NOTHING Sony.

VAIOneer
Visitor

Thats bad new HITS.I would assume that if Sony is still going to support the Clie business in Japan, you will be able to get peripherals from there!confused.gif|___jive_emoticon_name=confused|jivemacro=emoticon|class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=confused.gif!

noun
adj.

kee-lo_

I think Sony will have to support them for quite a long time, a lot of businesses use them, and individuals too.

Titane
Visitor

I think Sony will have to support them for quite a long time, a lot of businesses use them, and individuals too.

It is perfectly true. The support operation will be available at least untill March 2006.

kee-lo_

So it's not the end of the world really....
(Sorry HTS)