Join now - be part of our community!

Sorry to see them go...

steveb1
Visitor

Sorry to see them go...

As a HUGE fan of the Clie range since they first appeared, I have to say that I am sorry to see them disappear from the Europe and US markets.

The mix of innovation was refreshing and superb, albeit with the odd hiccup! But hopefully Sony will come up with a successor that will fill the void.

Fortunately (for me), I am off to live in Japan from the end of next week, where Sony are assuring that they will continue to release new Clies. Now I just have to learn more of the language!

30 REPLIES 30
HITS-UK
Visitor

UPDATE: UX50 parts have almost gone, and Sony has virtually none in the supply hub. If you want to get bits for ANY of thes Clies - DO IT NOW or forever ...

grahambird80
Visitor

The time of the PDA is ending. The time of the smart phone is here. That is the general feeling where i work.

Sony do make a very good one in the form of the P900.

But it is a shame the Clie is going, seing as that they have just come out with some cracking models in there last range, my fav being the TH55, what a great bit of Kit. We have one at work on display and I intend to get my hands on it.

You might be able to get spares for them off eBay or from Japan. Also there might be shops with a lot of spares still.

DJ-alpha
Visitor

Do you know if there is an Offical statement and have they said when they will stop selling them?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

No, but google should bring up a few documents.

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Looking on the bright side, any surplus stock will more than likely be subjected to a price slump and readjustment... Its good news for our pockets, just a pity to see them go!

kee-lo_

Agreed James...

Woody27
Visitor

I am also sorry to see them go, I love using my CLIE NX73V (I have to admit however it's more of a plaything than a useful organiser tool).

Maybe Sony are right to leave the market (mobile phones seem to do everytihing thesedays anyway), this from CNET:

"Remember when the Palm OS was the only game in town? Those days are gone. Research firm Gartner says Microsoft now holds 48 percent of the handheld software market, up from 41 percent a year ago, while the Palm OS has dropped to 30 percent from 47 percent in that same period. Gartner also said third-quarter shipments of Palm OS handhelds dropped surprisingly."

MS global domination continues!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

CW

kee-lo_

Well if this "warez" business is true about MS I think someone might be spending some time doing poridge

Woody27
Visitor

Well if this "warez" business is true about MS I think someone might be spending some time doing poridge

Kee-Lo,

What's this?, I've missed this story!

CW

Woody27
Visitor

Kee-Lo,

What's this?, I've missed this story!

CW

Ah Ha,

Just found it on the Register!

That's absoultly F' ing hillarious!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I can't belive they could be soo stupid... ...actually yes I could! :wink:

The bit about the Nazi symbols made me LOL! :laughing:

I'm going to check out my fonts in Office 2003!

CW