Join now - be part of our community!

Sorry to see them go...

steveb1
Visitor

Sorry to see them go...

As a HUGE fan of the Clie range since they first appeared, I have to say that I am sorry to see them disappear from the Europe and US markets.

The mix of innovation was refreshing and superb, albeit with the odd hiccup! But hopefully Sony will come up with a successor that will fill the void.

Fortunately (for me), I am off to live in Japan from the end of next week, where Sony are assuring that they will continue to release new Clies. Now I just have to learn more of the language!

30 REPLIES 30
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hahahaha it was a good story.
I bet an MS worker is on some IRC channel trying to get Cubase as we talk....

Woody27
Visitor

Hahahaha it was a good story.
I bet an MS worker is on some IRC channel trying to get Cubase as we talk....

Yeah exactly,

Sony software may not always be that good... ...but at least they don't rip off parts from other companies products!!

What is MS going to come up with next, Windows Warze edition!

LOL :laughing:

CW

kee-lo_

Oh I don't know about that....

MS have always been taking stuff, they took alt+ctrl+del from IBM

Woody27
Visitor

Oh I don't know about that....

MS have always been taking stuff, they took alt+ctrl+del from IBM

They took an awful lot from IBM. The end of that particular relationships was acrimonius to say the least!

MS-DOS was originally called PC-DOS and was an IMB / MS joint product util MS decided there was money in that thar software!

CW

kee-lo_

They probably killed IBM's software side.

Woody27
Visitor

They probably killed IBM's software side.

Well now they seem to be slowly killing Palm OS devices as well, taking the Clie with them! :slight_frown:

It's a real shame as Sony were real inovators in this area and their design finesse really shined through!

That last model (the black one, can't remember the Model No.) was also just getting the balance between features and usability right as well!

Shame, real Shame!

CW

kee-lo_

Ah well, one day Sony will bounce back

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Very odd because Sony list them in the Product Catalogue 2004 as the "in-thing" (this is official from Sony Product Groups United Kingdom Limited)... The advert is for Clie's and Car Navigation software...

kee-lo_

James,

This is an old post, since then they did bring back the Clie to a small extent.

febs
Visitor

Having just purchased a CLIÉ PEG-TH55 i am intrested in knowing when sony made their announcment to stop selling clies in europe. I live in England.

P.S. I think that sony are the best everything in my hose that can be sony is sony.

:wink: