Join now - be part of our community!

sound drivers

ping2
Visitor

sound drivers

I recently bought a second hand notebook pcg-fx902p, which had an illegal copy of windows xp installed. I had it removed and installed windows 2000 but i am unable to get the sound to work and cannot find anywere to get the drivers... Can anybody help??? I do not have recovery discs either. Many thanks ping

7 REPLIES 7
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Have you tried Vaio-Link?

ping2
Visitor

Yes i have tried that! But thanks anyway

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

If you can't download and install the original drivers pack from Vaio-Link I'm not sure you can download them from anywhere.

ping2
Visitor

Hi i have had a good look round the vaio-link and cannot find the sound drivers.. Would it be possible for some1 with the same model to send them to me???? If i could find some1 that is.

TygerTyger
Visitor

I think the problem is not your model, it's that you are using Windows 2000. Since you sounds reasonably competent I'd suggest you check the model of sound card you have via the control panel, then head over to the manufacturers website and download the drivers from there instead of here.

ping2
Visitor

I will try that and let you know how i get on thank you

ping2
Visitor

Thanks man ave managed to get the drivers, cd fine bit crackly on dvd but beggers can't be choosers.... Thank for your help..