Join now - be part of our community!

Sound input problem. Vaio PCG-K115M

rambler
Visitor

Sound input problem. Vaio PCG-K115M

Hi, I want to digiise sounds from an external source (tape recorder etc) using Magix AudioCleaning software. Unfortunately the vaio Realtec soundcard only has a microphone input. I was advised that an external usb soundcard with line-in input should solve the problem. I bought aTrust usb soundcard, but my vaio will not install the drivers. (In case the card was faulty, it was checked on another PC and was up and running in a couple of minutes)
I have tried disabling firewalls, and the realtec soundcard etc but to no avail.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Sorry to hear that so to speak. I have similar problems with 64 bit Vista hardware annoyances.
Check on google by reading what your vaio is compatible with (has drivers) in the future and take the unit back for a refund or swap it for the appropriate USB external sound card. Also see who made the chip set and see if the chip set drivers will work.

quiksilv
Visitor

Hi, I want to digiise sounds from an external source (tape recorder etc) using Magix AudioCleaning software. Unfortunately the vaio Realtec soundcard only has a microphone input. I was advised that an external usb soundcard with line-in input should solve the problem. I bought aTrust usb soundcard, but my vaio will not install the drivers. (In case the card was faulty, it was checked on another PC and was up and running in a couple of minutes)
I have tried disabling firewalls, and the realtec soundcard etc but to no avail.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Do you find a solution to this? I have the very sam eproblem.

TIA

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I find the microphone input on my K-Series gives pretty good results.

A Creative External Soundcard also works well.

:slight_smile:

rambler
Visitor

Hi,
Yes I finally cracked it. I downloaded latest drivers from the Trust website. When I tried installing those, I got a message "remove existing drivers?". Being desperate and not much caring what happened, I clicked 'Yes. To my surprise the soundcard started working! Great now. Ican now input sound from my hi-fi and am busy digitising old tapes etc. Hope this helps.