Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio zone dvd playback issues

neoclarky
Visitor

Vaio zone dvd playback issues

Hi, this is my first post (ok maybe 2nd)
(thankfully things have been running pretty well on my laptop)

I have a VGN-FS315M and i cannot play dvd's through Vaio Zone.
I can open Vaio zone and i can scroll to the dvd option, but when i click, ''play dvd from the beginning'' it just scolls back to the CD/DVD option. it doesnt even attempt to play the DVD.
I am running anydvd at the moment so i can play dvds through media player! (what a waste of time WMP is) but it does not seem to work for vaio zone.

i have done a bit of research into this and by the sounds of things, It has something to do with not having a dvd codec installed on the computer.

(why windows dont do this i'll never know! there are just certain things that really make me not want to give bill my money! - i buy a laptop with a dvd player, i insert a dvd, i want to be able to watch said dvd! i shouldnt then have to buy external dvd codecs for this!)

anyway can i presume this is the reason my vaio zone wont play dvd's?
I have also read on this forum that windvd for Vaio contains these codecs? If so, i uninstalled it a while ago!.

Is there anywhere at all i can download a copy of windvd for vaio?
is there anywhere i can download an update for vaio zone or download a fresh version. or just get a dvd codec from sony??

is there anything at all i can do to get vaio zone playing my dvds without having to to do a full partition recovery? and without spending money!

if not, then sony really needs to get this sorted! why can you not download the original software from the sony website, I paid for it already!

anyway, any help would be much appreciated,

thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi neoclarky,

You are right - Vaio Zone relies on WinDVD being installed to work properly.

You may have to do a re-install but I would try downloading this K-Lite Codec Pack and see if it fixes your problem.

:wink: