Join now - be part of our community!

Sound /Speaker Problem

inamhk
Visitor

Sound /Speaker Problem

Hi Every body,
My laptop Sony VIO PCG-K215M has developed a problem with sound/speakers. There is no sound from the notebook, i cant hear anything when I play songs or any audio file, when i chat online, the microphone works and the other person can hear me but i cant hear the other person. I connected external speakers to my laptop through the audio jacks and then sound could be heard, i also tried USB headphones, initially there was no sound but then after some adjustments , i could hear the sound through headphones, i am afraid the problem was caused in the first place by this USB headphones few weeks back when i could not hear any thing when i connected it but i am not sure, I have performed all the usaual diagnostic windows procedure and updated sound card drivers, every thing same ok from software point of view, i am afraid it is laptop speakers problem, will some one help in this regard, how and why problem occured and how can it be sorted, can laptop speakers get disconnected with out any reason?
Any comments will be highly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
skykit84
New

most laptop speakers have a sort of mini molex connector that connects them to the motherboard/soundcard

One test is to see if you ca make it been in DOS mode.
This would certainly eliminate software fault.

I know most Sony's have the sony logo with sound at bootup unless disabled... has yours?
If so, do youhear (and if not, check bios to see the volume level is up)

Another test is the beep one... when turning the laptop on, hold down a bunch of keys and dont let go
eventualy it should halt at keyboard error and beep like mad

Now failing that, it can possibly be speakers but I've not seeen speakers suddenly stop working unless blown/shorted or disconnected because of being dropped.

Give it a go and let me know