Join now - be part of our community!

Speaker for VGN-A115Z

chanuk
Visitor

Speaker for VGN-A115Z

Hi there, I'm looking for the set of speakers that go with the A series laptop. The speakers model number VGP-SP2 are the ones I am looking - I think it would look good on my desk with this A series laptop.

Its not on ebay and not much comes up when I google VGP-SP2, so if anyone has a set, please let me know.

P.S. I hope its okay to post this sort of message.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

P.S. I hope its okay to post this sort of message.

Nothing wrong with your message

Woody27
Visitor

I'm afraid the speakers are only supplied with the media docking station, which is not available seperately in Europe :cry:

That's Sony wisdom for you! :smileygrin:

CW

kee-lo_

Ugh, terrible.

chanuk
Visitor

By the way, for those who might have it in their cupboards, this is what they look like. Sell it to meee! lol

kee-lo_

The RA104 has very similar speakers.

Dziga
Visitor

I'm going abroad for 6 months with my Vaio soon and I'd love to get my hands on these babies too :slight_smile: Good luck in tracking some down.

kee-lo_

Maybe you'll be able to buy them in the US/Japan.

newman
Visitor

Those speakers (VGP-SP2) came with my A217S. They have a special connector on each of the speakers that plugs into the docking station. Then another cable connects to the docking station to adjust the volume.

Unless your model has a dock, I doubt you will be able to get them working.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

chanuk
Visitor

newman, thanks very much for that very useful information.

I guess you're right I don't own the dock so the speakers wouldn't work. Suppose if I'm really desperate for the speakers, I would have to get the dock lol.

If you buy the dock, will the speakers come with it? I don't think I would get one just to get those speakers. Just asking for info.

Again, thanks newman