Join now - be part of our community!

Standby Problem

kerth
Visitor

Standby Problem

hi!
i have a VGN-T2XP/S and it doesn't want "go" into standby mode.
there is the message: "Der Gerätetreiber für Gerät "Alsp Wide Pointig-device for VAIO" verhindert, dass der Computer in den Ruhezustand wechselt. Schließen sie alle Anwendungen, und wiederholen Sie den Vorgang. Wenn das Problem erneut auftritt, muss möglicherweise der Treiber aktualisiert werden." -

it is in german as you can see, and means basically, that the driver for Alsp Wide Pointing-device for Vaio wouldnt allow the computer to enter standby mode. it has worked before... i dont know what happened...

online help doesn't want to help me obviously... 😞

thanks for any answers!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Uninstall your Touchpad. Make a restart. Then install it again.
Check also for driver updates on VAIO-Link. Maybe there is an update for your touchpad.

kerth
Visitor

thank you for your answer!

i have done, what you proposed, a few times, but it automatically installs the device at startup again, and it doesn't solve the problem unfortunately...

i also couldn't find any updates

seb21__
Visitor

Mmmh, deinstall the driver and delete the driver.
The driver must be in C:\Drivers\. You must delete the Pointing Stick Driver. Now, Windows should install your touchpad as a PS2 mouse if you restart the system.

Try whether the standby mode works. Then, I would download and install the driver from VAIO-Link. You can find the Touchpad driver in the driver package.
If you want install them, make a rightclick on the PS2 mouse, click Eigenschaften, click Treiber, there you must update the PS2 mouse driver with the touchpad driver.

HTH

kerth
Visitor

Thanks again!

Unortunately it didn't work again. If i deinstall the pointing device (and now it worked) it will prevent standby again, just under a different name.... if i deinstall any mouse related drivers the keyboard prevents standby...

i didn't try to update my drivers, because my current connection speed, but i will do it next week and hope that it helps...

cheers

seb21__
Visitor

because my current connection speed

Modem? Awwe, I no that too good. 20 minutes for a 4 MB file.
Or a complete hour for the driver package.:smileybeat_up:

kerth
Visitor

so i finally managed to "change" the driver for the preinstalled one... which means that nothing happened... i have the same problem as before i havent found any newer drivers on vaio-link... online help didnt answer me...

i think i will have to use my notebook without standby... which is a bit anoying, because booting takes some time - or does anyone have any new ideas?

i would be thankful!