Join now - be part of our community!

Static sounding interference

icedbullet
Visitor

Static sounding interference

Hey

I have a vaio VGNAR11M. I got it back from sony repair today and have noticed a very annoying static humming in the background (its present during all processes) which seems to get twice as loud when i press the mute button.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, it goes away when i delete the driver, but comes back when i reinstall it. Tried changing headphones and speakers but it is present in all. The noise changes in tone when i move my mouse (which is wired usb) or when i change between application windows.

Has anyone had a similar problem? and if so how did you solve it? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi icedbullet,

welcome to club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Does the static sound remain if you install the SigmaTel Audio Driver Update (Version 5.10.5067.0).?

You can download the update using this link: SigmaTel Audio Driver Update

What did your Vaio go to repair for.?

icedbullet
Visitor

Yeah i installed the update previously and the static noise is still there. However i just noticed if i turn the power pack off and let it run on just battery, the noise goes away completely.

My vaio went for a replacement keyboard. When it came back i replaced the 1GB SDRAM modules with 2GB from crucial memory supplies.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds like it needs another visit, maybe they didn't reconnect something to the board.