Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1511C5E, which drivers to install?

Goose17
New

SVE1511C5E, which drivers to install?

Hello,

I'am trying to properly set up an sve1511c5e vaio laptop. It is running a clean installation of windows 10 home (1809) build and has finished installing all the windows updates. For my next step I went to support page of this model and found a ton of drivers. Which ones should I install to receive full performance out of the laptop? It has i7 3612qm, hd7750m and 8gb of ram.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The easy answer is to install ALL the Drivers in order (from the bottom - oldest first).

However, you do not need them all as you only need the 32-bit or the 64-bit versions (depending on which version of Windows you have installed). Also, you only need a driver for devices you actually have - for example there is more than one update for different DVD drives.

You do need to install drivers for Win 7, Win 8 and Win 8.1 as some are just updates to previously installed drivers and also some Win 7 drivers are the latest version.

So, you can either install them all which will take an age OR you can install just the ones you are sure you need and then observe what doesn’t work and which devices have warnings against them in Device Manager.

Sorry, I don’t think a list exists as this would be different for each Vaio.