Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless button works, but light is off?

profile.country.GB.title
Skyler000
New

Wireless button works, but light is off?

I have a pretty old VAIO laptop. I upgraded to Win10 a while ago, and havent really had any issues. However, the other day I noticed that the wireless button light is not on. However, my Wi-fi (which is a wireless router) works just fine. My father's VAIO laptop, which is still Win7 however, faces issues with connectivity on the daily. And his wireless light works just fine. Is there any issue with my light not working, even though I can connect just fine? It just seems rather odd. And why would my father's laptop, which was bought on the same day as mine, face such bad connectivity issues? 

Oh and also, ever since I upgraded to win10, I have noticed that whenever I try to turn bluetooth on, I get a BSOD. Is it possible that all those issues in both devices are solely occuring due to how old the models are?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
bpountney
Explorer

Hi and welcome to the community!

The BSOD problem is probably because of compatibility issues. What does the BSOD say on it? What is the error code?

Thanks,

Benjamin

profile.country.GB.title
clencytom002
New

The light on the router may not be realted to the connectivity issues. The router (https://routerlogin.one/192-168-2-2/) has inbuilt LED lights which may sometimes be damaged due to hardware wear and tear, it may not affect the connectivity though.