Join now - be part of our community!

SVE1712Z1EB VAIO UPDATE (VAIO CARE RECOVERY + STORE APP SUPPORT UTILITY)

SOLVED
ralphy224

SVE1712Z1EB VAIO UPDATE (VAIO CARE RECOVERY + STORE APP SUPPORT UTILITY)

WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL THE TWO ABOVE UPDATES IN VAIO UPATE, ALL I GET IS "PLEASE WAIT AWHILE THEN TRY AGAIN"

APRECIATE ANY HELP WITHTHIS PROBLEM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ralphy224,

Something has been changed on the Support site; insomuch as the linked download file has changed. Hopefully this is because there was a problem with the original file. The correct direct download link is now:

www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321308_9605/SVE1712Z1EB

The downloaded file is a Windows installer file and is not zipped so forget what I said about extracting. Just follow the instructions in the link.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ralphy224,

Try the manual download and install from the support site. Links as follows:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321151_9610/SVE1712Z1EB

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000320666_9569/SVE1712Z1E

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ralphy224

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions ( i downloaded a free zip program) and double clicked on the  the Vaio Care Recovery  file in the Zip program. A message came up saying " You are installing an incorreect version of Vaio Care Recovery for your system.Please use Vaio Care Recovery for Windows 8.1 64 bit veersion.

The download didn't go through.

I have not yet tried the Store App support Utility in the Zip program in case I  get the same message.

Appreciating the help you are giving me

Ralphy224

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ralphy224,

Which Windows operating system are you currently running and what was the original supplied OS?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ralphy224

Hi Rich,

Thank you for replying. My laptop I bought new with Windows 8 on it, and recently I  upgraded to Windows 8.1.

It is a 64 bit laptop.

Thanks for your help,

Ralphy224

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ralphy224,

Rather than trying to run the insall from within the Zip can you please first try extracting the zip and then click on the extracted file EP0000321308.exe to run it. If this still doesn't work we can try to get further help from Sony support.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ralphy224

HI Rich,

Thanks fot your reply.I am new to this, and I will try to extract as you said. Should I still use the EP0000321151-9610 link as you recommend above. I am asking as you are mentioning EP0000321308 exe. which is a different number. As I got a message saying "You are using an incorrect Version of Vaio Care Recovery and should use a 64 bit version" would it work?

Thanks for your help

Ralphy224

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ralphy224,

Something has been changed on the Support site; insomuch as the linked download file has changed. Hopefully this is because there was a problem with the original file. The correct direct download link is now:

www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321308_9605/SVE1712Z1EB

The downloaded file is a Windows installer file and is not zipped so forget what I said about extracting. Just follow the instructions in the link.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ralphy224

Hi Rich912,

What a great man you are. It's nice to know that when we get in trouble you are there for us. I downloaded the link you recommended for Vaio Care Recovery and it installed successfully. I then tried the link you recommended for Store App Support Utility and that installed successfully. I now have no updates in Vaio Update to be downloaded. Thank you again for all the assistance you have given me.

ralphy224

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

I’m pleased that it worked for you ralphy224:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat