Join now - be part of our community!

SVS1513C5E Wireless Network Adapter Issue

SOLVED
nma1986
New

SVS1513C5E Wireless Network Adapter Issue

Hi all,

I bought my SVS1513C5E in April of this year, and in many ways have been very pleased with it. I have had one issue however, which is that about 5 or 6 times a day the wi-fi signal will drop out, my laptop will not reconnect no matter how many times I try to get it to. The only solution until recently was to use the internet trouble shooting option, which reset the wireless network adapter and reconnected my laptop to the internet. Recently, this does not always work and I will have to either restart my pc, or else make multiple attempts, whilst disconnecting and reconnecting the laptop to the wifi, etc. 

I should point out, before anyone suggests my home wi-fi router being the issue, that this problem has occurred in multiple locations and other devices in the house do not have the same issues connecting to the router.

I see from briefly looking around here that wireless connectivity is not uncommon for Sony Vaios - does anyone know how I might fix this issue? if not, should I ask Sony repair or replace my laptop?

Many thanks :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rooster12
Explorer

It looks like the latest Vaio care update has fixed the internet driver issue!! 

The update was called VAIO Control Center Updater.

I'm back upto speed on wireless and ethernet.

Fingers crossed this fix lasts.

Should not have taken 2 months + 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rooster12
Explorer

It looks like the latest Vaio care update has fixed the internet driver issue!! 

The update was called VAIO Control Center Updater.

I'm back upto speed on wireless and ethernet.

Fingers crossed this fix lasts.

Should not have taken 2 months + 

puramde
Explorer

Hi take it back to sony ,you still have your warranty i hope. It's under a year old so do it now they will have to fix the problem.Good luck.