Join now - be part of our community!

Switching off Vaio Pocket whilst in Cradle?

logib
Visitor

Switching off Vaio Pocket whilst in Cradle?

Once I have transferred some data to my VP, how do I switch it off without taking it out of the cradle? it just wont work! Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
nickkr
Visitor

Whilst in the cradle an connected to the mains the VP is "on charge" and can't be switched off as such. The clock displays the time and date along with charge status.
Take it out of the cradle and the display will fade. The VP is then in hibernation mode - it never fully switches off (see numerous threads on this forum)
However after transferring data you MUST let the VP update it's file structure with the new data before taking it out of the cradle.

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
stuadam91
New

Yeah, I know what you mean logib. The player always shows that it is connected to the PC.

My solution is to unplug the USB connection. The player then updates itself and then switches off after the timeout. I prefer this to just lifting it out of the cradle, but of course this also works. I just like to leave it on charge when I have finished, and with 3000 songs at 256kbps ATRAC+ it takes a while to update the player after transferring new songs!

Good luck.