Join now - be part of our community!

System Recovery Disk failed - please help!

mfos
Visitor

System Recovery Disk failed - please help!

Hi there
My system recovery disk failed about 10 minutes into its run. It succesfully copied files to my recovery partition, at least it told me it had but failed during the recovery process.
Everytime i retry, i get a blue screen which says:
'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer' I then have to force a restart.
There is a load of suggestions of what to do next under this message, which are no help.
Everytime i retry the system recovery disk, it will now only let me do a complete recovery. I'd like to get rid of the partition as it seems to be causing problems.
So at the moment i can't do anything as my vaio came with a pre installed version of XP home.

Any suggestions as i am going nuts!

Cheers

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mfos,

Sorry Just to clarify things, you are unable to recover your Vaio when running VAIO Recovery Utility and selecting any of these options below, either with or without the recovery discs in the drive ..

You've also tried pressing F10 repeatedly when starting your Vaio and only receive the following error message.. 'failed to read the image file" do you see anything before this message.. :thinking:

mfos
Visitor

Hi Thalamus
Yes, i am unable to recover using any of the options as shown in your screenshot.
I have also pressed F10 when starting my vaio.

The error has nothing before it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mfos ,

I've asked Vaio-Link to look into this for you..

Lets hope they can help.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm a bit lost here

Golfmag2
Visitor

Hi mfos ,

I've asked Vaio-Link to look into this for you..

Lets hope they can help.. :slight_smile:

Has a solution been found for this? I am trying to restore my laptop using recovery disks purchased from Sony and getting the same message about failing to read the image file.

Many thanks