Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-XL202 and Vista RTM

naboonl
Visitor

VGX-XL202 and Vista RTM

I am a MS Technet subscriber and tried to install Vista RTM on my new XL202. A number of problems occurred:

1) The NVidia 7600 doesnt work. Error message says "not enough resources"
2) MCE recogniyes only the digital tuner from the AverMedia card and not the analogue one.

Any suggestions how to fix this ?

BR

Leon

8 REPLIES 8
alfredbenson
Visitor

I can only speak for the TV card; I have a Hauppauge card and I had to go to their site to get an upgrade!

That does work with enhanced options and is free so you should see Aver's site!

I have had some problems in the past installing Vista but; with the 5600 build and just "Upgrade" instead a clean install, I find it works.

It took 5 hours but I left it to run and did other things. Needless to say, my drive had XP installed on it and, although it claimed not to be able to run some functions, I only had to delete Nero, the others ran.

I ignored the other incompatabilities, of which there were several, taking the view that they would be upgraded or replaced in due course!

joeneo13
Visitor

I have the same PC, for the graphics error wee need a bios update
and for the avermedia card you can take the drivers of their homepage.
I hope Sony is releasing the bios update before Jan.

naboonl
Visitor

Which Avermedia drivers did you use ? My card is list as an A16C and I cant find any drivers for that card.

Can you send me the download link ?

Thx.

Leon

joeneo13
Visitor
naboonl
Visitor

Hi. Thank you for your quick reply. Unfortunately these drivers dont work here. When pointing to them through Update Driver Vista tells me that there are no drivers in that location.

The only drivers that sort of work are the original Sony ones. With those however I cannot select analogue tuner. Only comes up with digital tuner.

joeneo13
Visitor

naboonl
Visitor

Did try these already. Dont work either.

Are you running Vista on the XL202 ? If so which version ?

joeneo13
Visitor

No i'm back on Xp because the graphics card problem i dont get 720p resolution.