Join now - be part of our community!

System restore on VGN-A517M

peter4654
Visitor

System restore on VGN-A517M

I hate the system restore options for the VGN-A517M. I've got the options of a complete reinstall to factory condtion, which is a hidden partition and 40gigs for C:/ and 50 gig for D:/ or, alternatively 40 or 50 gig for C:/ and 50 gig for D:/ No other options. As I've got 50 gig of AAC encoded music, I've had to buy a new Windows XP disc, just so that I can use the full 100 gig ( less format room) of the drive. All well and good, except that the memory stick drivers don't install, and I can't install any other software as the applications disk doesn't recognise the Windows installation. A brilliant piece of thinking by Sony. As this is my first foray into the Windows world, Sony have single - handedly convinced me to junk this Very Average Intolerable Operating system and buy a MacBook Pro:smileycry:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I thought there was an advanced option which allowed you to partition as you chose fit?

peter4654
Visitor

Unfortunately not. There's a choice of a 40 gig or 50 gig partition. Sony need to look at that, don't you think?:smileysad:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You could always have bought an external hard drive to transfer everything before you reset to factory condition..........

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Mine allows to change the partition sizes, damn they're getting worse!