Join now - be part of our community!

T1XP keeps freezing

FranzH
Visitor

T1XP keeps freezing

Hi,
Very recently, well in the past few hours, my vaio keep on freezing up. Im having trouble getting to the desktop because it just freezes while loading can anyone help me try and resolve this please?

Thanks

27 REPLIES 27
littlebucko
Visitor

hi i am doing an it technician course and it sounds to me like you need to do a second reboot and send it off for repair as it sound like your graphics card has a fault and your screen is loose or ready to stop working

all the best
Rich

FranzH
Visitor

Hmm, i think thats what i might do. I still have the same problem after the driver uninstall.

Thanks

littlebucko
Visitor

have you got you laptop to work yet let me no at rebuckley@freeola.net

FranzH
Visitor

It works now and then but still the same problem.

Sorry about the late reply - was away. :slight_smile:

RMS
Visitor

Hi there,
Are you still having the same problem with your T1XP?
Mine has been behaving almost identically (freezes when you move it and screen corruption and/or blue screen).
I sent it off to Sony for repair and they have quoted £565 for a new motherboard!
If there's more problems like this around it sounds like a design fault or manufacturing defect.

warringb
Visitor

We have one with this exact same problem. Laptop works fine as long as its kept perfectly still but if moved or too much pressure applied at certain parts of the case then it freezes. I'm fairly sure its the motherboard - anyone any idea of how much an indepedant repairer would be in the UK or maybe recommend one.
Anyone know where we could source the part ourselves? Quite technical and could fit it ok I think.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

http://www.nexttronics.com will have the parts

annedorst
Visitor

aha! my T1XP has just started doing this as well after a year and a half of doing fine...
will try your suggestions as well

Meanwhile cannot find a thread on the fact that the C drive is full which is maddening when I have deleted loads of programs..the online advice to move everything to D - I've tried doing this but it really makes my i-tunes (which has 6 GB ) go bananas ...any one have any advice for a non technical user? I don't have any games, and have deleted everything that I could, am only running windows and office now and I still get a "low disk space" message almost every hour...
any help in basic english appreciated