Join now - be part of our community!

TEMPERATURE OF A-SERIES

abuyahya
Visitor

TEMPERATURE OF A-SERIES

My A317M, which is less than a month old, temperature as recorded by Mobilemeter usually runs between 57 and 60 degrees Celsius. this is mainly just web browsing with the processor speed at 800MHz.
It goes upto about 68-70 C on gaming with processor in 1.73MHz

it feels warm over left side of keyboard. and very hot on the base of the laptop. the fan loudens every 5mins for few seconds.

is this normal?? or should i be concerned??
thanks

19 REPLIES 19
Eugenepang
Visitor

They should had built the laptop like they used to be, my old x18 had another fan on the docking station that help to cool the laptop apart from the one inside the laptop itself.. i notice the new A317S docking doesnt help anything on cooling the laptop.

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Those new 120GB drives must get up to 55 too.

120GB?:smileyshocked:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah, TheRegister reported about it last week

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

That's great.:smileygrin: Because you wouldn't pay approx 200¿ for a 100GB more. If the new drive come. The prices would go down.

kee-lo_

Yep :smileygrin:

Aquaplex
Visitor

is it possible to manually control the fan? I'd prefer when the fan starts to run @ 60° and turns off @ 50° (not already @ 57°). This would be great...

Aquaplex
Visitor

is it possible to manually control the fan? I'd prefer when the fan starts to run @ 60° and turns off @ 50° (not already @ 57°). This would be great...

kee-lo_

No, but I have seen this on other laptops and motherboards....

Aquaplex
Visitor

...with DELL-Notebooks it is possible to control the fan(s) manually. Unfortunately such a tool is not available for VAIO-Books :cry:

kee-lo_

My friend can do it on her IBM