Join now - be part of our community!

TH55 address book sync problem

jonti
Visitor

TH55 address book sync problem

I added a couple of new address entries using the Clie organizer for PC desktop. They did not sync to the handheld. I changed the sync settings in Custom to desktop overwrites handheld for Address. It wiped out all of my address book except for those listed under ABC. The entries are still listed in the desktop PIM. I did a soft reset and repeated the sync. No entries except for ABC. Did a hard reset and sync, still only entries for ABC. Any solutions out there?

7 REPLIES 7
HITS-UK
Visitor

When you installed the desktop software what did you tell the system to sync to?

Also you need to make sure that the Intellisync settings are modified, NOT the desktop stuff otherwise it all goes pear-shaped.

jonti
Visitor

Thanks. The sync has worked fine for the last 18 months so do not know what went wrong as I have not made any changes. I will do another check but I could not see any changes in the settings.

HITS-UK
Visitor

OK this sounds like a download to office has mucked up your system. You may need to re-install the Clié stuff from scratch as the conduit may have become corrupt.

jonti
Visitor

HI and thanks. I have just synced my Treo and partner's Clie TJ37 on the same computer and all is well with those two. So could teh conduits be OK and something amiss with the TH55?

HITS-UK
Visitor

PJ

Errmmm I'm a little confused as how you can sync a Treo and a Clié on the same PC. They use a totally different sync system.

Maybe I'm wrong and DW should try and help (as I think he has been), but every Clié I ever saw used Intellisync as its preferred
modus operandae and not the native Palm system.

PJ

jonti
Visitor

Solution found. I deleted the new entries I had put in Address using the desktop Clie Organizer for PC and synced again. All my addresses are back in Address on my Clie TH55.
I loaded the Treo software as well as Sony's Clie software. The Treo data shows up in Clie Organizer for PC.
Thanks for the interest.

HITS-UK
Visitor

Thanks for this - sorry we could not help more but we had to dump 90% of our Cliés when Sony dumped us.