Join now - be part of our community!

VGN AR21S - UNABLE TO DETECT ANALOGUE VCR INPUT THROUGH AV PORTS

sanremo
Visitor

VGN AR21S - UNABLE TO DETECT ANALOGUE VCR INPUT THROUGH AV PORTS

Hi, I'm a newcomer to Sony and i'm really struggling because of the lack of information provided on and off-line - or if it is provided it is not readily identifiable.

The particular problem I have at the moment is that I am trying to view tapes from my VCR on my VAIO. The VCR works when connected directly to a tv but not when connected to my VAIO's AV input jack or s-video input. I can not find a way of getting the various media applications to recognise that those input ports even exist.

I have tried the various support sections and searched the forums without finding the answer. Can any of you more experienced guys help, please.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sanremo and welcome to Club Vaio.

I take it you have pressed the 'AV Mode' button?

Lots of problems with MCE not recognising Devices and Components at the moment. It may be worth re-registering these with MCE as described in THIS THREAD BY SIRNIG

:wink:

sanremo
Visitor

Hi Blencogo,

Thanks for your reply and welcoming message.

Yes, I had tried the AV button but I have managed to solve the problem by telling MCE my VCR was a satellite tv! that sequence allowed me to select the appropriate AV input and all is now ok.

The only fly in the ointment was that the sequence would not progress until I connected an IR channel changer to change the set-top box channels. Fortunately I still have my Toshiba Qosmio IR kit which has done the trick, Sony do not supply one with the AR21S - a bit mean.