Join now - be part of our community!

Touch pad

Descyciede
Visitor

Touch pad

I'm having some reall problem with my touch pad, i've done everything i can imagine, reset the whole pocket, optimizing it,....
it just keeps tripping any suggestions, or anyone else who has the similar problem??

6 REPLIES 6
nickkr
Visitor

Sorry buddy .. you're gonna have to explain what you mean by "tripping":smileywink:

Descyciede
Visitor

"tripping"
ok sorry.
what i mean is when i want to go to the menu or artist the "pointer" (rectangle) gos to the other side or dissappears or when my finger is on the lowest button its suddenly appears on top...

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

This is because it has quick jump so if you press on the right hand side then it'll jump to the right hand side

nickkr
Visitor

This sounds like either the software driving the pad has crashed or the touch pad need calibrating.

A reset should sort the software problem and you can calibrate the touch pad via Main Menu\Settings\G-sense Settings....

But if I read your post correcty you have already tried these.

Only other thing I can suggest is to let the VP discharge completely and then re-initiate the system. (you won't loose any data on the HDD).
One thing I would suggest is once you put it back on charge resist the temptation to touch the pad until the unit is fully charged and ready to calibrate.

MadarbWoT
Visitor

Personally i have come to the conclusion that the touchpad has thermal scanners to identify your finger movement.
sometimes when i touched it with sweaty hands,it misunderstood my movements and sometimes stopped overall.so i suggest giving it a good wipe with a dry cloth.

but maybe thats not the case at all.i dont know,im just proposing a solution.

BartK
Visitor

Nope, it works like a touchpad from a notebook, but then with several buttons integrated... (uses 'static' electricity from your fingers to detect movement)