Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaitan
Visitor

Touchpad help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i own a vaio VGN FS215S for a year now. My vaio is always connected to an intracom router in order to access the net. I never faced a problem generally. 2 days ago while i was downloading some updates i found on the net the touchpad stopped working properly. It s freezing every 2 secs for at least another 10 and keeps clicking everywhere. I could not find a solution so i formated my disks and i did a complete resetup but the touchpad keeps doing the same. The strange is that if i unplug the router from the ethernet slot immediately the tuchpud works properly, if i plug it back starts doing the same crazy thing. I downladed every driver i could find for all my hardware but i still have the same problem. I need help!!!!!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Josh-2552
Visitor

this happens when you try to work whilst someone else is using Remote Assistance on your pc.

might be a hacker/cracker, that would explain the ceasing when unplugged from the internet. Have you got a firewell?

Gaitan
Visitor

yes i have norton antivirus updated and win SP2 firewall in higher level. this happens continously the last 24 hours

Josh-2552
Visitor

norton antivirus, or norton internet security?

Gaitan
Visitor

norton internet security

Josh-2552
Visitor

right, well you could check out your "allowed list", i'v known them alter this to make their "task" easier.

i can't respond again tonight, sorry

Josh-2552
Visitor

have you tried leaving the ethernet cable in and turning WLAN off (using the switch)? that qould be able to see wether it is linked to the ethernet, or the internet.

Gaitan
Visitor

my wifi switch is turned to off position always.

Josh-2552
Visitor

oh yeah, i forgot, sorry.

try leaving the ethernet plugged in, and disabling the connection via My Connections (in control pannel). if it stops the problem, then the problem has something to do with the internet, but we need to know first.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Gaitan,

Is your touchpad reported as a PS/2 pointing device in Device Manager or do you have a PS/2 Mouse listed (mice and other pointing devices)?

If the former then I suggest that you try a system restore prior to a date when you installed the updates. If a PS/2 mouse is listed then uninstall this, re-boot and let Windows discover the touchpad and install the correct drivers.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat