Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad won't stay OFF! - SVF1521A2E

SOLVED

Touchpad won't stay OFF! - SVF1521A2E

I am trying to switch off my Vaio's 'built-in pointing device' as it is winding up my USB mouse (and me for that matter! :grin: )

As I can't access that portion of the BIOS, I am switching it off via the VAIO Control Centre, however it's default is set to on, which means I have to switch it off every time I reboot the VAIO. :S

Is there a registry key that can set the default to off? Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kriptikchicken,

I you are referring to your SVF1521A2E then I believe this has a synaptics touchpad. You may possibly be able to create a new registry value that will disable the touchpad when a USB mouse is attached. Have a read of the following link – although this relates to a Lenovo machine the principle should be similar. Not tried it myself but looks kosher.

http://www.riverscapewebstudios.com/2012/03/using-registry-to-disable-synaptics-touchpad-when-mouse-...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi kriptikchicken,

I you are referring to your SVF1521A2E then I believe this has a synaptics touchpad. You may possibly be able to create a new registry value that will disable the touchpad when a USB mouse is attached. Have a read of the following link – although this relates to a Lenovo machine the principle should be similar. Not tried it myself but looks kosher.

http://www.riverscapewebstudios.com/2012/03/using-registry-to-disable-synaptics-touchpad-when-mouse-...

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

MEGA! Thanks for your help again Rich. :slight_smile:

The reg entry worked a treat, however I had to re-install the drivers to disable the drivers!

Work out that circular logic! :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome kriptikchicken. Why synaptics would have disabled that feature is beyond me!

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat