Join now - be part of our community!

tr1mp hardware problem

geordiebot
Visitor

tr1mp hardware problem

Hi

Ive had problems with my tr1mp for the last couple of months , its been sent to sony repair centre 3 times and they havent manged to fix it claiming they cant find a fault although one definately exists albeit its quite a subtle fault in the processor ( i think ) theyve already replaced the motherboard and the hard disk to no avail.

Has anyone actually had a computer replaced by sony because they were unable to diagnose/replare the fault - or are they relunctant to do this and try to fob you off so you go away?

any help/advice would be appreciated.

L

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Whats the exact problem, you've missed it out!

geordiebot
Visitor

I think its processor , it crashes when you try to install software and it bluescreens when your actually using the software .

Their 'repair' team reckon they're stressed tested it and cant find a fault. Ive told them if they only try install something like office or service pack 2 they'll be able to see the problem but it seems thats too much trouble.

tellingd
Visitor

If the machine crashes when installing new software I would say the problem is software related - maybe HDD problem (bad sectors?) although this would be imtermittent.

Have you tried a full recovery?

geordiebot
Visitor

I would usually agree with you but the hard drive has been completely replaced , new system installed repeatedly - and it still fails to be relaible . As well as the software working on our other pcs in the office. I can only deduce its hardware related.

try telling that to sony though.:smileycry:

TygerTyger
Visitor

Can you be very specific about the problem? Give examples, and the exact text of the blue screen error.

kee-lo_

Yeah it's far too sketchy.

geordiebot
Visitor

the blue screen resets too fast for me to see anything.

but other problems are basically installing software , it says files are corrupt or I/0 errors when you try to install software both of cd and from the network , even though it works on the other machines fine. stuff like that.

Also programs that i do manage to install are very unreliable and crash often. Ive got a W1 in the house and all the same software works fine.

Got to be the processor I reckon. But my question was has anyone every managed to get a replacement laptop in the UK from Sony if they were unable to repair it?

kee-lo_

Sounds like your hard disk needs replacing.
Contact VAIO Link and request a picup.

geordiebot
Visitor

already been replaced once along with the motherboard !!

got to be the processor no?