Join now - be part of our community!

transfer of registration

nick_pan
Visitor

transfer of registration

Hi guys,

Im selling a Sony Vaio which has been registered on the vaio-link website under my name and address

Are these details transferable to the new user?

Cheers

Nick :wink:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nick,

If you click on 'Support' at the top of this page and select 'e-support', you can sign in to Vaio-Link and select View/Edit My Profile'.

I think you can change everything there - Name/Address/email etc. I'm not sure if you can modify your Login/Password but this must be possible somewhere.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As Blencogo said, but I would definately repartition and format the laptop for your own privacy

nick_pan
Visitor

ok in my ebay advert,

ive stated they'll have access to sony vaio techinical support cause i rememeber registering the laptop with it's serial number...however! the laptop is not eligable for warranty as i lost the receipt

can the buyer of the laptop still get tech support with hte laptop registered?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Once you've edited your profile, I doubt if Sony will know the difference. ................................don't quote me though!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

BartK
Visitor

The easyest way is to provide the new owner a document with your details and signature that you sold the Vaio to the new owner.
He can then use this proof to transfer the unit to his name by contacting vaio-link.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

He/she can get eSupport (god help them)