Join now - be part of our community!

TV reception on my VGN-S4VP/B

charfieldstfc
Visitor

TV reception on my VGN-S4VP/B

I've just discovered that I'm going to be in Portugal when the Ryder Cup is on and the villa doesn't have a TV. Has anyone experience of what I need to do to get my notebook setup to receive TV. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

As long as you have a portable arial or if there's on in the villa you just plug it in and tune in the channels

charfieldstfc
Visitor

Plug into what? Do I need to purchase something (other than the arial), like a TV Receiver or card? I'm a novice at this sort of thing.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If your Vaio does not have a TV card you will need something from here: -

TV Receivers

I'd go for a USB external device so you can use it on any PC.

I'd check whether the signal is Digital or Analogue where you are going in Portugal - or buy a hybrid product.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I assumed you had the multimedia dock, sorry about that.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Plug into what?  Do I need to purchase something (other than the arial), like a TV Receiver or card?  I'm a novice at this sort of thing.

Hi charfieldstfc,

As you are travelling maybe something like the compactVideoMate U3 may be of interest. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

If I were you I would buy this one:

http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_hybridcardbus.asp?show=2

If link does not work go to avermedia, it's an pcmcia card including a remote WITH stereo sound on it. I was searching for a long time en tried a lot of external usb tuners. A lot of them wanted you to use your mic input to get sound, wich is very bad. It's a long story....

This is if you aske me the best solution if you DONT like wires, and if you want something portable. With this card you can also record HDTV. Digital and anologe....anyway you can read about it on their website. I paid 95 euro's at www.4launch.nl

I bought AVerTV Hybrid+FM Cardbus

[

charfieldstfc
Visitor

Thanks Carelino,

Is your model the same as mine and can an idiot like me set it up successfully?

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

No I have a FE11S with Media Center...dont worry about installing it, it's very easy and user friendly, otherwise you can ask on this forum, but i dont think you will have any problems.