Join now - be part of our community!

TX3XP DVD burning problems

Jimbo
Visitor

TX3XP DVD burning problems

Hi everyone, hope someone can help...

Been trying to create a recovery kit on my new TX3XP using 2 DVD-R's, but at various points throughout the process I get messages saying, "error on disc", "there has been a writing error," etc... I have tried 3 different brands of DVD-R (Datawrite, TDK and Sony) but still no joy. IAs a test 've tried burning data DVD's using the bundled Roxio software, but midway through the process I get the same messages. I must have gone through about 15 discs now.

Also, I burnt a music CD on a Philips CD-R successfully and the results are a bit 'jumpy' when played back on a stereo (which normally reads CD-R's of the same brand OK).

I've persevered with the DVD burning and I've now managed to create the recovery kit, one disc on a TDK DVD-R, the other on a Sony DVD-R, & managed a data disc on a Sony DVD-R.

But that's about a 3 in 20 sucess rate! Is my drive faulty, is it a software issue? I'm at a loss to explain it.

Thanks...! & Merry Christmas!

Jimbo

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Jimbo,

Some members have reported similar problems when burning recovery disc's, have you tried using a DVD+R disc

Jimbo
Visitor

Thalumus, thanx for your reply. I'e not tried DVD+R discs. But since I've finally managed to create them I think I'll stick with them! I'm just concerned that my drive may be faulty.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi Jimbo :wink: hope you're enjoying the Christmas period.

If you have any doubts about the drive then I'd definately bring it up with VAIO-Link.