Join now - be part of our community!

unexpected power interruption

amuntaner
Visitor

unexpected power interruption

Hello friends,

I have a PCG-K315B model and recently I have sudden power cut offs. It is unpredictable it happens in any moment even after few minutes working on. It seems like the computer forces power disconnection. I don't now if a clue could be that it heats up more than normal and a high and persistent fan noise.

Is anybody sufferig the same problem? Any solution?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi amuntaner,

Welcome to Club Vaio, :slight_smile:

It could be that your vaio is overheating, could you download and run Mobilemeter and post back the temperatures..

amuntaner
Visitor

Thanks friend. I will do and revert asap.

amuntaner
Visitor

I run mobilemeter and temperature is growing beyond 87ºC after a few minutes working with no special program, just internet browser.
And HDD temperature is moving around 45ºC.
Is that too hot? what is the normal temperature for a mobile like mine (Sony Vaio PCG-K315B, with intel celeron D 2.93gHz proccesor)?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi amuntaner and welcome.

That is far too hot and is almost certainly causing your problem. Your CPU should work at 55 to 60 degrees under light loads.

You need to clean out the air vents to your processor - even a small amount of dust can cause problems. Try a can of compressed air from a distance of 10 cm and see if you can expell some dust.

If this does not work, you may have to take your Vaio apart ............

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yes, it's auto-cutoff due to overheating.

Follow the steps laid out by Blencogo

amuntaner
Visitor

thanks again friend. Do you recommend me to open the laptop and clean inside, or it is too dangerous? In first case I would appreciate any guideline how to open it and access inside.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

It would be a good idea, but I don't have any guides on that

amuntaner
Visitor

Thanks for your hint, but could you know how to dissasemble the computer and having a clear access inside?. This way I will be sure if there is anything else damaged.
(my model is PCG-K315B)