Join now - be part of our community!

Up To Date Recovery Dvd's...

patonios
Visitor

Up To Date Recovery Dvd's...

i just made a complete recovery to my vaio using the recovery dvd's i created when i bought it. The problem is that i spent all of my day downloading updates and hot fixes. Is there a way to add this hotfixes to the recovery dvd's for future use?

Thanks!

P.S i am sure this question is somewhere else but the first search end up without results. If there is another with the same question topic feel free to erase this.

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi patonios,

Now that you have downloaded all of the Sony updates you could burn these to a DVD for future use, however I dont think it would be possible to add them to the recovery disc's that you have created.. :slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

A drive backup or disk imaging program such as Paragon Drive Backup is probably the best solution.

patonios
Visitor

Thanks once more for your immediate answers :wink: . I don't care about adding them to the old cds I just didn't know that by creating now the recovery discs that the new updates and hotfixes would be saved. So I'll create 2 more recovery dvd's.

Thanks again.

robpaxton
Explorer

Creating a new set of recovery disks will not save the updates. You should save them to a seperate disk if you want to avoid having to download them again.

kee-lo_

Make a clean install with everything you use and updates then use Paragon as Rob said.

Like the signiture BTW :wink: :cool:

patonios
Visitor

Thanks a lot for your advices but i am a little rookie and dont completely understand. Now i have a clean install with all the updates and hotfixes downloaded. Is there a way to recover my vaio to these settings without using Paragon (too expensive).

Thank you again for your time

P.S I only want updates and hotfixes not installed programs or so.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If the PC Pro magazine is available in Athens, there is a copy of Paragon Drive Backup on the cover disc.. :slight_smile:

Tester
Visitor

It makes sense that the updates are not installed on the recovery discs that you create. The recovery information sits on a protected hidden partition and the data on this partition normally remains unchanged.

In an ideal world the updates would be added but problem is that this is not an ideal world an when the partition is not protected there is always a risk that a virus gets into it.

koymik
New

There are alot of softwares that you can choose to be able to do an image back-up of your disk..and some of them are not that expensive..If i were you ill do some research,, it is always a good idea to make an image of your newly (clean install) machine to avoid all the fuss of installing all the updates and etc. later on... cheers :heart_eyes: :smileygrin: