Join now - be part of our community!

URGENT HELP WITH SS + AP1L PLEASE!

lordviper
Visitor

URGENT HELP WITH SS + AP1L PLEASE!

ok bought my ap1l finally but am having immense problems with sonic stage!!!!!!!!
for instance. when i arrange my library in sonic stage it looks kushty, apart from the fact tat a lot of the albums are left outside of the alphabet arrangement brackets.
but when i go to transfer my library to my mp3 player it all goes boobies up! really frustrating. heres what happens-
-album art and artist/ track info is not the same as when i arrange it in sonic stage. eg, whitney houstons album cover is on mya's album after i transfer it! and if you look in justin timberlakes album youll find the beastie boys!? wtf? and tracks are in the wrong place too.
-it doesnt want to transfer music. for some track itll say file not found, even though the file plays in sonic stage perfectly but itll still say not found.
secondly itll say rights for this file/album are not found. what?!!!! peice of pap.
itll allow me to transfer eminem but not dre (no rights found)
itll allow justin timberlake but not usher (no file found)
oh wait ive got it! my mp3 players racist!!!! why didnt i think of that?
no but seriously, if i cant get this sorted by monday-ish then this is going back to JL in exchange for the 60ipod photo, which i dont really want to do.
it takes me 6 hours each time i have to rename and apply album art after re-installing sonic stage. this is becoming a joke and i hope someone has a solution for me.
please help
thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Not been funny, but thats exactly what I would do, take it back, get the best player on earth -- iPod.

Anyway, thats no help, sorry about that!
I would transfer the albums one by one, and make playlists for each so they don't fall out of place.

Thorin
Visitor

Hallo KEELO i am here to figth for vaio pocket. It is the BEST. But it takes a lot of time to have it like you need for the pocket. A lot of work but its absolutly ok for the result. You mp3 you have somewhere in your pc, has been repaired for sonicsstage.
The way i did: I take iTunes for the first way and the put album for album with drag and drop t o sonicstage. If sonicstage doesn`t check the mp3 as no mp3 and can´t convert, do this in iTunes convert there in mp3 and put it again per drag and drop to sonicstage. Thats the way.
Thorin

lordviper
Visitor

ok my friend let me try and understand what youve said. i need to convert to cbr mp3 (im gonna do 192 kbps mp3) ill try it now.
but the thing is all my tracks are mp3 and that shouldnt have anything to do with rights management. but ill try now, thanks.

kee-lo_

Converting to WAV does the trick, as SS converts to ATRAC

lordviper
Visitor

i used dbpower amp to convert all mp3s to 192kbps mp3s and it all works a treat. the only pain the arse now is that the tracks are all in the wrong place on the pocket.

Thorin
Visitor

What do you mean with wrong place...?

lordviper
Visitor

i mean i renamed all the files in ss appropriately but on my ap1l under eminems albums ill find craig david tracks! thats just an example. and tracks with no album name seem to appear in every album.

Thorin
Visitor

Yes that is the problem, you have to name an album...You must name an album, instead of that SSt or your vaio pockets names the album and it calls "unknown album". This means that every interpret, with no album name, is in the album " unknown album". This may it be that the album has 100 interprets, with 1000 songs. There for you have to name an album name.
Ok? Understand? And when there is a Cock Robin in a Eninem album, the reason may be a same album name or same song name or no album name.

Thorin

kee-lo_

You need to fill in ALL the tags to get the best out of the VP