Join now - be part of our community!

USB device not recognized (any)

Joh
Visitor

USB device not recognized (any)

Hi,

Since a few days I get the message 'USB device not recognized' for every USB device I connect (camera, printer, extra hard disk). Although not every.... my USB mouse is still working when I connect. Yesterday I did a recovery for my C-drive. I own a PCV-V1/G. Still I continue to have the problem. Who can help me? Other question: When you do a recovery of C, is the drive then formatted?

Thanks,
Johanna.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

normally max.500mA. And like I had said, you can check that in the devices manager. And camera need no energy from the USB port.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

normally max.500mA. And like I had said, you can check that in the devices manager. And  camera need no energy from the USB port.

True, but the DeLL my parents have didn't put out the 500mA for some reason

Oh and that Lexmark printer they have is a juice guzzler!

seb21__
Visitor

The only device which I have and which needs 500mA is my scanner.
My HP Printer has his own AC-adaptor and I use it via a parallel Port.

LOL, what is a guzzler?

kee-lo_

Something that drinks a lot (electricially - you wouldn't say that for someone who drinks a lot)

seb21__
Visitor

Something that drinks a lot (electricially - you wouldn't say that for someone who drinks a lot)

That's your point.:smileygrin:

kee-lo_

Hehe

Joh
Visitor

He guys,
Thanks for thinking with me.
I understood that my PCV-V1/G has 4 high speed USB ports (2 controllers). That's also what I can find on the Sony site. Strange thing is that it always worked perfect...until last week. I've have a 2.0 hub (not powered). Also if I connect that (no usb devices attached) I get the famous message. Could it be hardware?
Cheers

seb21__
Visitor

No idea. I think it's a hardware fault. Any problem with the power supply for the USB ports. I think you must send your VAIO back for repair.:smileysad:

kee-lo_

Sounds like it.

Joh
Visitor

Hi guys,
Thanks again. I've opened a case with Sony E-support. Maybe they can help me.
Anymore tips in the meantime would be more than welcome.