Join now - be part of our community!

USB Jog Controller Utility / application... where can i get it?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
danibrah5
Visitor

USB Jog Controller Utility / application... where can i get it?

Hello i have a Sony Vaio VGC-RM2U Desktop that came with a USB JOG CONTROLLER.

Since owning it i have reinstalled windows a few times and the recovery disks wont allow me to install the program, and i dont want to use it to re-write the whole installation but i cant find this application anywhere.

On the support website the application / utility just isnt there for download and i cant find it anywhere.

can anyone help me with this?

the jog controllers model is PCVA-JC1 if this helps.

Any and all help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Danibrah5,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Do you still have th Sony supplied recovery disc's, if so you may be able to re-install Jog Controller applications using those disc's..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Danibrah5,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Do you still have th Sony supplied recovery disc's, if so you may be able to re-install Jog Controller applications using those disc's..

Gerhard38
Explorer

I have a similar problem: Sony Vaio Jog Controller PCVA-JC1. The original Vaio togehter with backup and installation media doesn't exist any more.

I connected the Jog Controller to a W732EN-Machine and the driver installs autmatically by Windows itself without problems and says, the HW is ready to use - but no action an the Jog Controller or buttons A-F moves the curser. I would like to get it operable for video cutting wiht Adobe Premiere. What have I to do - and whre can I get it?

Thanks, Gerhard

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Gerhard - I received your PM but will reply here for all to see.

Sony seems to have withdrawn support for Windows 2000 - I think all Jog Dial Utility software was for Windows 2000 or for XP.

I think you will find all the available software and updates here:-

http://www.driversforsony.com/update-sony/jog-dial-device-drivers-download/

I have no idea if any of it will install.

:thinking:

EDIT: Since posting, I have found some Jog Dial Utility software on this support page:-

http://www.sony-europe.com/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/PCG-QR20/list

Gerhard38
Explorer

First of all many thanks for your quick support.

Before I give the confusing multitude of software for "Jog Dial" a try a question:

On my hardware-part is written: "SONY PCVA-JC1 Jog Controller"; it looks like shown on this page:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/250434/Sony-Vgc-Rm1n.html?page=56#manual

Your links point to two pages where I can only locate software for "Jog Dial" (not: "Jog Controller")

Jog Dial Utility - 6.21.05

JogDial Setup Files - 6.40.02.010702

Jog Dial Graphical User Interface Plug-In - 1.2.32

Do you think that "Jog Controller" and "Jog Dial" refers to the same HW? I faintly remember a page where there was a description of the differences between "Jog Controller" and "Jog Dialer", but I skipped it last time and now I cannot find it any more.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Now you mention it, I think the 'Jog Dial' was the hardware on notebook computers.The Jog Controller was a USB device for desktop computers.

You need the 'USB Jog Utility' and I can't find a Sony download quickly. There is no sign of it in the downloads for your model.

All I can see quickly is this:-

http://vaio-usb-jog-utility.software.informer.com/

but I can't vouch for the website!

I'll continue the search.

:thinking:

Gerhard38
Explorer

Many thanks again.

The original desktop was a Vaio PCV-RZ72P, maybe this helps. It was shreddered in 2009 bc. of a defective motherboard . The USB Jog Controller still looked valuable and useful, but at this time I didn't need it, so I kept it any way for future use.

BTW, in the meantime I tried the JOG DIAL-software. Installation was possible, but it didn't make the Jog controller work.