Join now - be part of our community!

USB lights?

magnumopus
Visitor

USB lights?

Anyone got any suggestions for which one of those flexible USB lights designed for laptops to choose? There's so many available it's impossible to know where to start or what to look out for.

6 REPLIES 6
Psaila
Visitor

Anyone got any suggestions for which one of those flexible USB lights designed for laptops to choose? There's so many available it's impossible to know where to start or what to look out for.

None IMOA. . Why burn your USB to bits .:smileyconfused:

nemo66
Visitor

I would not recommend u any.
They suck all too much power from the usb....might be dangerouse to damage ur mainboard.
Only those with LEDs i would buy.
They consum less power and have a longer life.

cheers,

magnumopus
Visitor

They suck all too much power from the usb....might be dangerouse to damage ur mainboard

???? Could someone explain if I'm missing something here. How can they damage your motherboard? All the ones I've ever seen use LED's and only use about 1 minute per hour of battery life.

Most of the time I'll be using it on mains power anyway so that isn't really a problem, it's just the other half likes low mood lighting in the evening. I suppose i could move to another room but I like to keep the peace with her. :smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I would suggest getting a battery operated one, saves USB power.

Foxhound
Visitor

I use one, I bought in Shanghai. Don't know the particular brand. But there isn't a dramatic impact on battery life as some would think. It is actually very handy since the keyboard on my laptop is black.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah it's hard to see in the dark